Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Battle Revolution Opened
In my search for any leads for information on the model format, I ran across this blog post, made by a user called ImaginaryZ. He'd completely cracked the format, and even gotten them to load in Blender 2.49.

I wondered if I could reach him to ask what the compression method was, and eventually found some other places where he had a presence. One thing led to another, and he and I were chatting real-time. He did even better than simply answer the question I'd asked; he sent me the tool he used to fully extract the meshes, as well as the script to load them in Blender, and more importantly, said it was alright to distribute.

That said, this is exactly what I'm doing now with this post. I'm leaving it up to you guys, knowing you'll have the drive to get all 490-howevermany, and get them archived, in the native pose. No longer will there need to be printscreened models for this game.

There are a couple things to note, however.
First is that there are zero bones. Everything was done with vertex animation. This means that the most likely format for export would be .obj.
Second, the extractor will put out a model for both the shiny and normal forms, as well as for male/female differences, so up to 4 models, even if there aren't any gender differences.
Third, textures will be output as TGA, and not PNG.
Finally, he said it would work for most models, so there may be a couple that won't convert.

So, that all out of the way, again, major thanks to ImaginaryZ for these. All credit should go to him for all of this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8sls8c2s7h13cla This is the extractor. Make sure you extract the folders as well, as the converter won't work if they don't exist as subdirectories. Simply put the pokemon files you want to extract in the files subdirectory (Venusaur's is already there), and the converter will go through all of them as a batch.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qqvsy78d1142tpu And this is the script for importing into Blender 2.49. When run, it opens the file dialog. You pick the .obm file to import, and it will bring it in. At that point, you could export to .obj, or do whatever you like (I think I might try rigging the Mewtwo for my own purposes).

Hope this helps you all.

Messages In This Thread
Pokemon Battle Revolution Opened - by Tiberious - 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Pokemon Battle Revolution Opened - by asdf151 - 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Pokemon Battle Revolution Opened - by TGE - 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM