Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Angie's Art Tip of the Week
I'm going to jump in and say that people should be more open to criticism around here.

Now this might sound ironic, since we're generally a friendly community with heavy emphasis in giving good critique. But I've been noticing that actual criticism has been quite scarce lately, and when it is done, people complain about it (in a light way but still complaining).

What I'm going to suggest is not to take them like personal attacks and NEVER to put your 'friendship' or 'admiration' over valid criticism. I mean, someone can be really good at spriting and you might admire said person, but this doesn't mean he or she can make mistakes. So don't hesitate in being honest and pointing out said mistakes.

I know I'm saying this more because of what I experienced in my thread, but I want to bring this up a final time to say that the criticism WAS NOT an attack to me, people WERE RIGHT about the mistakes and their reasonings and therefore, NO ONE should feel hurt or see that as a fight. It was a simple debate, that is explained completely in this thread's OP.

So please read the above post carefully, let your pride away and try seeing this as an opportunity to get better, because by getting better, you'll help others better. Capiche?

I'm really glad with your initiative, Starsock; it was quite a post. I didn't read some of them due to me being at work atm but I'll be sure to read them when I have the time. I just needed to share my thoughts on the situation. I hope this thread will be of use for many people in tSR.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by StarSock64 - 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Garamonde - 11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Gors - 11-26-2012, 06:09 AM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Rakia - 11-26-2012, 08:56 AM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Lexou Duck - 11-26-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Marth - 12-02-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by StarSock64 - 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Gaia - 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by Previous - 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: Angie's Art Tip of the Week - by StarSock64 - 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM