Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
So after reading their "rebuttals" of my posts it's pretty clear they didn't bother reading them in detail, so I will simply rewrite my criticisms that they are ignoring and then leave

- The graphics clash and are very bland. Most everyone here has said this. This means it's a problem, ignoring it is not the solution. My concern is that you've also said that it's the best you can do - you people are lying and you know it. Stop it. SMB3-style is overused, as well. It is not the end-all-be-all of Mario sprite styles.

- So you compare HUDs to MKFusion, whatever, we're still not talking about it, we're talking about your game. And just because someone else does it doesn't mean it's okay for you to. I don't care (or even know) what MKFusion does.

- It's not so much the HUD is confusing as much as that there's too much stuff in it. You have no less than FOUR collectable whatevers and a score counter. Do you REALLY need to have four - again, FOUR - different collectable objects in a platforming game? I don't care if it's referencing other Mario games - it's clunky and unnecessary and takes up space on the screen. There's a reason most Mario games stick to tracking only points and coins.

- Graphics do not overrule gameplay, sure. But your game looks very cookie-cutter, since it's using the bland-as-hell SMB3 graphics.

Now, as for sspp03 -

Quote:Have you checked other forums other than here and MFGG that has SMW: ASE being showcased and see people complaining about the graphics such as SMWCentral, GDRL, The Minus World? NO! Check your sources as just a bunch of nitpicks complaining about the graphics isnt really enough

I don't care what anyone on any other forum has to say - you're posting on this forum. You're gonna have to deal with this forum's criticisms.

Quote:The "plenty" that you are talking about is what the FPS was from the members actually receiving the dev to test the game out. It was laggy on their computers, but around two of them had the game run at normal speed.

That's not plenty at all! Mikeystar said plenty of people had good framerates! Two people is not plenty! Two people is clearly not even the whole team! Your team is lying to our faces! Why should we trust anything you say about your game after that?

I give up. It's clear you guys don't actually want our help, even though we've willingly gave it.

EDIT: Welp, read this:

Quote:The way the complaints were was very harsh and somewhat and sometimes unecessary, to the point of it being very destructive criticism.

Hey, I tried being nice in my first post and was soundly ignored. Clearly being harsh isn't the issue! It's just that you don't want to listen to anything that says your product is less than you think it is!
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Zero Kirby - 08-11-2012, 12:09 AM