Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
That looks better, but I'm confused as to why that thing in the bottom left isn't, you know, in the bottom left...

[Image: yyyeG.png]
This makes more sense to me, as the actual gameplay will be within the centre of the screen. You want to avoid anything being in the middle of the screen as much as possible, from all angles. So put things into corners.
Taking into account, you will probably never have Mario go below a certain area of the screen, and if he does, it won't be in the exact bottom left or right of a level.

[Image: OdDT6.png]
Since the game scrolls, those things will never get in the way unless you literally hit the top of the screen through the use of a flying power, which could happen in SMB3 and SMW etc. - which resulted in you going out of the general "area of play" - so it's not important, because it rare that you'd need to see anything in those areas. As a level scrolls obviously Mario is in the middle of the screen, except at the start -where he will generally appear on the left. Which is where those things on the left where - which would just be irritating for level design.

[Image: zWiZV.png]
If there is a hole, it'll approach from the right, and will be in the middle of the screen when it comes to jumping it, or falling down it - which means with those things in the far bottom left or right, you have more options with how low to make the ground level.

[Image: tpBZ5.png]
Because of the extra space from lowering the ground, you have more options of using the space above the player for flying enemies that can assist in being fucking irritating.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Dazz - 07-13-2012, 02:34 AM