Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
I understand clashing sprites are bad. And I know I, quote-on-quote. "lazily recolored" them. But I wanted people playing the game to see graphics from a variety of games. My goal was to take all the Mario platformers and mix them together, accompanied with what I believe to be a much more serious plot that requires a good explanation. From what I've seen, not everyone understands the plot immediately. It's like a melting pot of Mario fun. You have a lot more diversity. Games like Toad Strikes Back had clashing graphics, and those too were recolored to fit the situation. I've been working on this game since Halloween 2010, trying to appease everyone. It's not easy, and at times it's very stressful. Just when I think I've got it right, and everyone will be satisfied, people start to point out more flaws. And I'm not saying that's bad. That's a good thing. I need people to point out what's wrong with the game so I can improve upon that. Being a website called The Spriters Resource, I'm sure other spriters like Iceman404 will be turned off by the clashing graphics. But I don't have the spriting prowess to make a game with 100% custom graphics. I'm improving, and I've improved greatly since I was last on here, when I was told that I wasn't a good enough spriter to sprite Waluigi as a playable character. (To expand upon the previous topic: I still don't want Waluigi as a playable character, neither do my team, because there are other popular fangames out there that feature him.)

You'll see gameplay soon enough. We are still trying to clean up the source, so it isn't so memory-intensive. I'm proud of the work me and my team have done, and hopefully you guys will be too.

As for the HUD, I agree with your ideas. As Mikeystar said, we'll see what we can do. That HUD was designed by me, so blame me if anyone on that faulty design.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by ~CaMtEnDo~ - 07-12-2012, 03:27 PM