Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
I was hoping to see some gameplay, not a ten-minute unnecessary intro story. By now all we need to know is "Bowser = bad. Here are your characters." Brevity is the soul of wit, after all. Right now we get a lot of exposition on both sides and no action. It immediately tunes me out of the story. We have a 5-minute scene with Bowser and then when he's about to finally do something, we cut away.

Why not open with Bowser transforming Pipe Land or whatever, so we get an example of what the Star can do, then cut to Mario, et al reacting (Maybe they see the sky darken on the horizon and all run off to help), Choose your character, bam.
Then we could get snippets of what the All-Star is as bosses are defeated. It keeps the story going as you progress and lets you jump right into the game. Just an idea.

EDIT: I also stopped making the "clashing sprite styles in Mario games" argument when Nintendo added SMW2 sprites to SMB3 on the GBA and gave zero fucks about sprite style consistency.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Ton - 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM