Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor
I've looked into what could be the problem of the app not launching. The hosting shouldn't be
a problem as I've hosted it on my own server. I re-downloaded it several times myself and the
jar file always seems complete. When you download it, the actual .jar itself should be 128 kb
in size.

One problem could be that the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) isn't installed on your computer.
Java applications are ran by what is called a JVM (Java Virtual Machine). If this "machine" isn't
installed on your computer, or if it is outdated, it won't be able to run the files. The newest
version of the JRE can be found here, on Oracle's own site:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/j...37588.html

You can sort of compare it to those warnings your webbrowser gives you when you don't have
Flash installed. It'll say: "You don't have the latest version of Adobe Flash. Click here to upgrade
your installation."

____

As for the reverse-engineering, it can't do that, as this program can only edit meta-data for a sheet,
not the actual sheet itself. I personally find it easier to re-arrange sprites on a sheet, than to work
with GIFs, but I probably lack the right tools to work with them that way. One thing about the program
though, is that it can load in changes on the sheet in real-time. Meaning, you can have the app open
to inspect all frames, when you notice something off, you can change it in eg. GraphicsGale. Then if
you save the file, and make SSE reload the sheet by hitting "enter" in the "Resource File" field, the
sheet will immediately update (unless the graphics program takes exclusive reading permissions on
the file). So in that way it could work together with your paint program.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Jelleye - 06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Gaia - 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Gaia - 06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Jelleye - 06-16-2012, 04:32 AM