Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sands of Destruction: Unrippable?
Hello, long-time visitor to TSR, first time poster...this seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.

I was going to try ripping some of the battle sprites from the game Sands of Destruction. I've only ever ripped sprites from GBA games before, via the Visualboy Advance emulator, so I intended to do the same sort of thing with a DS emulator as I'm unfamiliar with the other tools and techniques normally used to rip sprites (sorry, I usually just edit sprites, I'm a n00b at ripping). However, after trying in a few emulators...it doesn't seem possible, at least by this method. It seems that with the exception of the top screen items, and some of the text, EVERYTHING is on a single layer...sprites, backgrounds, menus...pic related. I can't even use the tedious method of erasing the background from the sprites manually in Paint because even the damage counters are on the same layer, so if an attack animation makes contact the sprite is pretty much covered up by numbers and worthless...

I know this isn't an emulator support forum but this seemed like a better place to ask since it's sprite-related...am I doing something wrong? Is there another tool or method I can use to get the sprites out of the game besides an emulator? I've googled around a lot before posting and I can't seem to find any concrete answers or instructions, mostly it seems people are using the layer disable method (which doesn't seem to work with this particular game) or are mentioning obscure tools I can't actually find, or find instructions on how to use. Would anyone be willing to help me find some answers?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sands of Destruction: Unrippable? - by Nandoman89 - 04-21-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: Sands of Destruction: Unrippable? - by Dazz - 04-21-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: Sands of Destruction: Unrippable? - by Dazz - 05-20-2012, 06:17 AM