Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where did you get your username from?
Well, way back when in my first days on the interwebs, back in the times of the Nsider forums I went by Jester Frog (because uh, Jesters are cool and uh, frogs are cool... yeah!) and then I made a character to go along with it, which was, at the time, an awful Kirby recolor/edit. I later developed him into a more frog-like character with like, the ability to make portals or something but they often went haywire (probably since? Many people on the forum I used to frequent would refer to me with variations on it, J-Frog, Jay, Froggie, or just Jester and whatnot. Also, Gorf Retsej is my name backwards, which sounds like a dwarf name or something.

But Tellis? Honestly a pretty dumb backstory. So at one point I changed my avatar on MSN to some fan-art that combined the L4D2 characters with Touhou: Imperishable Night characters, where Tewi was dressed as Ellis. Thusly I changed my name (temporarily, I thought) to Tellis, smashing the two names together. An internet friend of mine thought it was an awesome name on its own so he urged me to keep it and thus! I now tell everyone my name is Tellis. Still need to solidify what my reference character looks like though, oops, here's my TFR-self though. He's definitely more based on my actual self, and more based on my obsessions with over-the-top fighting/anime things and also giant eyebrows which are on my face.

And honestly I love both names and corresponding characters. Whether I make an assist or full character for TFR, I think there'll be some double teaming involved from both of them. Feel free to call me either name, not like anyone actually knows me as Jester...
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did you get your username from? - by Tellis - 04-14-2012, 07:44 PM