Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel
Hi, I made this so that this can be an official development thread, instead of the idea one. I'll delete the other soon.

Puzzel (it's supposed to be spelled that way) is a Professor Layton-ish puzzle creator, editor, and player, all in one app. Having a type of double-screen interface, it will look like playing Professor Layton on an emulator. However, it is completely independent of Professor Layton or Level-5 and all graphics, music, and anything else (except for puzzle types, which aren't copyrighted) will be original.

-Main Menu-
The main menu gives access to the multiple functions of Puzzel.
The Puzzle Library is a user-chosen folder containing .puzl files. These can be selected and either edited or played. The Create Puzzle option allows a user to create a puzzle from scratch. The Settings menu controls multiple options such as input method for Input Text/Number puzzles.

-Creator-
The creator will allow you to choose from multiple puzzle types, each with their own answering method. You can also choose a name and difficulty (10-100) for your puzzle.
The question will be written in the top screen. The user can choose the background image in the lower screen, and can either choose their own music, or use the supplied sample. The user can also make up to 4 hints, although they are optional.
The puzzle is saved as a .puzl file, which contains all puzzle information, including the background image and music. Because of this, the creator must have permission to distribute the music to prevent copyright infringement.

-Player-
The player is basically just like Professor Layton, with the question in the top screen, and the answering interface in the bottom screen. Unlike Professor Layton, getting an incorrect answer or using hints will offer no penalty, although they will be recorded and noted upon finishing the puzzle. A sketch function (similar to "Memo") will also be available.
When a puzzle is being solved, an animation will play, showing if the player is correct or incorrect. As mentioned before, the number of incorrect answers is noted when finally solving the puzzle. (Note: This number is reset when quitting the puzzle. I realise this can be abused, but it's no big deal.)

==Progress==

Puzzel is currently in super-early stages of development. It is being developed as an Adobe AIR desktop application.

Current Features:
  • None

Planned Features In Next Version:
  • Base application
  • Add following puzzle types: Input Text, Input Number, Multichoice

I think I can handle the graphics well enough, but if anyone else feels like helping that would be great. I'm also in need of someone to make the supplied puzzle music. Just a single track about 2-3 minutes long that loops would be perfect.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Vrath

Messages In This Thread
[FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 09:24 AM