Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Giving credit" when uploading images to a wiki
(11-17-2011, 09:33 PM)Petie Wrote: I'm not sure how to answer your first question but I think I can answer the second. The copyright does in fact remain with the original copyright holder for the game. Our use of them here (and elsewhere in various projects) is a bit of a legal grey area as we technically do not have permission from the copyright holder for their use. However, for the most part, this is willingly overlooked by the copyright holders because their use on this site and in the various projects that stem from it is all not-for-profit. Take-down requests are always complied with but they are not frequently received.

So, to sum up that rather long-winded answer: The copyright of all of the ripped images of the site remains with their company of origin.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I know my first question is probably weird to answer. Basically the thing is that in the wiki format there is no way to "give credit" I consider particularly good. I could for instance put a note saying I got it from here in every single File Page, but not only is that a lot of work, it also feels pretty useless, since no one reads them anyway.

Personally I can't say I care much about all of this, but another guy on the wiki is making a fuss about farfetched scenarios of the ripper suing for usage of her "derivative content" if we don't give proper credit. It's weird...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Giving credit" when uploading images to a wiki - by Groupoid - 11-17-2011, 10:33 PM