Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
I've had a lot of games land on my desk...
Skyward Sword is pretty cool - the story is interesting, and the gameplay makes use of the motion controls without a shadow of a doubt. But that is my very problem with it... I can't stand motion control. I've worked out how to do certain things, such as when it asks you to "point the sword skyward" it really means "point it upward and wait until I've decided you're actually pointing up correctly" - I also feel very spoiled with dual analogue sticks. The usual Zelda game mechanic of only being able to place the camera directly behind you makes for some really problematic areas, and narrow paths are annoying.

Flying is hard as hell and very slow. Even following the guidelines it gives you, I don't know how the hell I'm meant to go fast at all - and by fast I mean, actually getting somewhere quickly.

I wish there was a way to skip text. And believe me, you all will too...

Unless you're an idiot, big drops are nothing to be scared of anymore, because you have a piece of cloth... I wish Link thought about the logic of this in the previous games (protip: Logic = none)

The use of your shield is stupid, because it now breaks. You also have a stamina bar which just slows you down a lot and makes Link seem less like a strong hero than in the previous games. He gets tired really quickling from just running. You can pick up fruit that is placed around to replenish your stamina so you can sprint from one to the other, but this is just bloody silly...

The game is kind of fun in short bursts, and I'm sure a lot of you guys will probably enjoy it. But please for the love of god, I want to play this with buttons and 2 sticks... I really want to enjoy it, but I want to play it and not watch it, and then not be able to control it.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had a lot of games land on my desk... - by Dazz - 11-13-2011, 09:20 AM