Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
I've had a lot of games land on my desk...
So as you know I often do some reviews for either other companies or for The VG Resource, and over the last week I've had so much fall on my desk that I can't even dream to think how I'm going to write a review for each of these.

The list;
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Saints Row: The Third
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Skyrim
LOZ: Skyward Sword
Metal Gear Solid: HD

Out of this list, so far, Saints Row has kept me entertained the entire time I have been playing. I've completed it and I wish that it was longer- even though I've been playing for 20 hours so far, and at 90%, it is just so much fun. The humour is amazing, above all of the others this one stands out for its jokes involving internet references and shit - including a fair few to the old GI Joe video edits that were circling around.

Skyward Sword looks like it has potential to be amazing, but I only started quite late last night, so I only just got my sword. It took me a long time to get to that moment, and it is intensely boring up to that point too, but we'll see how it plays out after that.

MGS: HD is great... It's just HD versions of the previous games, so there's no shock. The controls are a bit weird on a 360, but I guess you just have to get used to them. I'm also struggling with the holding up people while not shooting them afterwards... It just isn't working quite right...
Peace Walker is low poly models and low res textures with low res cutscenes, but still a fantastic and fun game. It is worth the price alone to play it on a controller on a TV instead of on a PSP...

Skyrim is great to screw around in, but just like Oblivion, I get pretty bored, pretty quickly when there's no real guidelines as to what I need to do, which I know is the whole appeal of the game, but I just have a short attention span which dungeon crawling over and over again doesn't enjoy.

I've not started Assassin's Creed or Halo yet. Probably will later today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing Skyward Sword being great, but I am really struggling with playing it on a 42" LED screen through component cables, making the jagged edges stand out so much... Honestly, I struggled to see most of the initial dialogue bits while zooming in because I didn't know what I was looking at from such a great distance.
I'm sure it'll be great though...

I guess this topic can be used to discuss these games, or just give short reviews of what you've been playing lately. We don't really have a "general game" discussion topic, so I didn't know where to post this. So I made a topic... Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
I've had a lot of games land on my desk... - by Dazz - 11-12-2011, 07:42 AM