Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
I set the ladder placing to place a ladder next to the player if the player faces sideways and on the player's position otherwise (facing up/down).

As far as rope bridges go... Since you said that the first rope is paced on the same height as the player, the first rope hangs down from nowhere anyways (lets say it is afficed to the back wall of the cave). Thus, the player can just move onto that place anyways. Now I just have to make it impossible to create a new rope while the player is hanging on one.
That's how I made it, without actually differing between a hanging rock and a rock bridge. A rock bridge would actually rather be like a liana. If you'd still prefer vertical rope bridges, I could do that. However, that would require 'rope bridges' to be a different 'tool' (using the same counter), as the player should be able to decide which kind of rope he wants to use when there is a one block wide pit.

PS: As for columns, They do not support dirt blocks next to them, obly above. Since they are columns. Correct?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM