Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Dawn of a New Day (SkywardSword General)
I only think that the combat sucks because it virtually plays its self for you
in the newer zeldas you can basically mash the attack button and win every time because each hit is successive and the enemes never tighten there defense
they just keep letting you hit them
also perry attacks are the worst, just like in kingdom hearts 2, they really are just there to give the player they illusion that they are doing something when in reality they still have no control
it's insulting

I'm not saying that OoT and MM's combat wasn't bare bones, because they were, but at least you had to use more then one button to win
plus they are faster paced and way more satisfying- the way that the enemies use to burn when they died feels so much better then the lame explosion effect from the new games
I also hate how bulky the new enemies are
I'd like to knock an enemy down and not wait for him to get back up before I can kill them
like half of my total gametime in wind waker was probably spent waiting for moblins (who take like 50000 hits to kill) to get back up after I knocked them out

if you're going to fall down then don't get back up, and if you aren't dead don't fall down- every game designer should keep that as a rule of thumb
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the release of skyward sword looms closer - by Zac - 10-01-2011, 08:10 PM
RE: Dawn of the 3rd day, 72 hours remain - by Boo - 11-17-2011, 01:30 PM