Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help with psp graphics ripping, details inside
bump + idea lol

I just got an idea, but i don't know if it'll work...
Could it be possible to find out where the images are loaded from by looking at the psp's memory dump? Of course, if the game has DMA, it's going to be almost useless, but i don't think this is the case...
Please someone answer about this >_<

EDIT: half profit! Cute
I found the images INSIDE the memory dump this way, and the colors are also perfect so there's not even need for recoloring! but only for the characters included in battle which are acting on a precise moment, not for the others. In other words, i'd need a memdump for each character image in the precise moment that the image shows on screen...
Other than that, i found that the character portraits inside battles are also saved in those memdumps...i guess i found a way, but i'd still like to know how to locate them in the files via the memory dumps, if possible; this method, although positively working, would require a lot of time and it would probably kill my MStick with all the read/write operations...
Oh, and on a previous correction, looking at it, it seems it does have DMA...I'd like to post a screenie, but it's not really the kind of game to post screenies about, and if you know the game you know what i mean Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with psp graphics ripping, details inside - by Besciamella - 09-13-2011, 08:28 AM