Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rate the Writers for VGR's 30 Days!
I am going to rock the vote.
Right now.
I'll keep my explanations brief!
I've also tried to avoid voting for the same person twice.

- Best-written Entry
Day 12: A Game Everyone Should Play
Gnostic WetFart (Ico)
For being almost as pretentious as me! B)
But also because it has depth; you talk about games in a much broader sense than just being "for gamers" and make a pretty good argument for seeing them as more than just mindless past-times, which is honestly something I think games need.

- Funniest Entry
Day 15: Important Lessons a Game Has Taught Me
Patient Zero (The Sims)
PZ totally stole my idea of attempting to present the Sims as a Serious Game and for that I will never forgive him (although then I abandoned that idea, so he's welcome to my leavings).
I was torn between voting for this here and voting for it as most informative, but I think your delivery makes this shine. You are too good at remaining deadpan, sir.

- Most Informative Entry
Day 19: Your Favourite Setting
GrooveMan.exe (MegaMan Battle Network)
I appreciate how you didn't just explain the setting (of which I knew nothing!), but explained the ramifications of some of the ideas it uses- it sounds like a setting I'd like too, honestly! It has kind of a personal touch without being e/n, which is nice.

- "Close, but no Cigar" Entry
Day 30: Your Favourite Game of All Time
ReverieRaven (Baldur's Gate 2)
I am mostly voting for this because Baldur's Gate 2 is awesome.
If I hadn't flaked out like a huge baby I was gonna write about Dragon Age as it compared to BG2, and you actually covered a lot of stuff that I was going to touch on. I really appreciate that you didn't devote the entire article to talking about character interaction, which is what it seems a lot reviews of BG2 do. Don't get me wrong, the character interaction is excellent, but I find people tend to forget... just about everything else the game has to offer ;v

- Booby Prize Entry
Day 8: A Soundtrack You Love
The_Doom-ed_One (Still Alive (Yes, just that one song), Portal)
You didn't really... do any writing. This article pretty much just amounts to you quoting the lyrics and explaining what they say. We can read the lyrics, we don't exactly need your input.
It's also strikes me as pretty silly to ignore the (very good, if sparse) sound design in Portal just to focus on one sort of goofy song played over the credits.
Sorry if some of my explanations are a bit doofy, it's 1 in the morning you can't expect decent critique goddamn ;v
(I want to also go on the record to say that TomGuycott's secret of mana article and MrSkeleton's Persona article were REALLY GOOD and it was tough choosing between them and some of the ones I actually voted for :c )
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate the Writers for VGR's 30 Days! - by Chutzpar - 06-27-2011, 07:16 PM