Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko
Also a repost from PxC, so people here can read it if they'd like:

Quote:Heh, yeah, distractions kept me from posting sooner (important distractions, though).

Anyway, from your write-up, I figured two major possibilities:
1. The idea of propulsion with weapons may not be a good fit for a shoot-to-survive game, but rather a game that focuses a little more on movement and strategic weapons-fire, like an exploration game with combat elements (that was actually another idea I came up with some time after I started this one)
2. The difficulty level needs to be shallowed a bit (or a lot) in order to give the player plenty of time to get used to flying and to realize the implications of traveling in this way before really trying to kill him.

I think a lot more of this game could have been ironed out more if I had established a much better testing group, instead of just me and one other friend every now and then. With more testing, I may have realized the basic flaws in the system better.

Finally, as for the graphics, the game was originally being developed for a minigame competition at MFGG, but I was late by a few hours due to me misunderstanding the duedate. After that, I did upgrade a many of the graphics, but started to get really lazy for some of the transition pieces and the menu backgrounds. On top of that was the feeling that I really wasn't happy with the style that I was using, but also feeling like I didn't have the skill level to do either of the other styles I wanted to try.

Anyways, it was a stressful, though somewhat fun, development process, and I've learned a bit from it. I'm not sure if I'll be adding any of my planned extra features (like bosses), but either way, it's back to SoL and my other projects for now, heh.
Thanked by: Gors

Messages In This Thread
[GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Kitsu - 06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Gors - 06-03-2011, 11:37 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Kitsu - 06-04-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Codestar - 06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Guy - 06-04-2011, 11:41 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Lexou Duck - 06-05-2011, 03:13 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by triptych - 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Alpha Six - 06-10-2011, 05:37 PM
RE: [GAME][FINISHED] Neo Magiko - by Kitsu - 06-13-2011, 01:02 AM