Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania 1 NES vs. Harmony of Despair R. 10
(03-31-2011, 10:23 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: basically its a purely functional image, and it does its job. there isnt much to comment on this unless you actually could develop an study of konami's early level layout desings, in wich you should also add another entries such as Contra and Gradius(for example).

we can make a comment on the artwork of the sprites used in the game(although like most of the graphics used in the nes, they are more geared towards functional readbility over stylish decisions). in fact, castlevania 3 is far superior in this aspect.

the candles are up to you. although they are completely irrelevant, if you want to waste your time on them, go ahead.

After staring at the graphics zoomed-in for a while, I was surprised at how stylized it actually is despite usually being about as ugly as a bunch of gray slugs. Castlevania 3 is utterly superior, but I doubt if that entire game was designed around creating one (well, two) fully-designed buildings. There are other little thigns that I hadn't realized before, but I should have - such as the fact that you fight the Frankenstein monster right before reaching the dungeons where he's kept, and then the lab where he was built. The blenk portraits near ther Death fight are weird, since you'd expect at least something to be there. Also, the statues in the intro courtyard have to be the absolute ugliest things in the whole game. I mean, come on!

I'm not sure how COntra and GRadius would work, as they are more one-direction oriented than Castlevania, which lets you move up or left in a few stages. Also yeah, general gaming was where this should have gone.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Castlevania 1 NES vs. Harmony of Despair R. 10 - by Ridureyu - 03-31-2011, 10:54 PM