Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
METAL GEAR SOLID ABSOLUTE CHARACTER MODEL PACK
I tried using 3dvia on this game before attempting to get a tposed character. but it seems the models using normal mapping, or some other form of reflective shader.. this causes the UV's to be lost when using 3dvia..

I'm not sure if 3dvia still captures the data or not? maybe the UV's are on a second UV channel.. and the data just gets over looked. as you know 3dvia isnt supported by anything.. only there own products.and even those have limited support for there own format. the only solution is using one of their tools, or using their website.. either wat the UVs will be gone using 3Dvia..

however this was 3years ago..

anyway I never did tryout turfster's tool, as it claimed to work on twin snakes.. aka the game your ripping.
http://metalgear.turfster.be/

bare in mind the files in MGS are encrypted.. however once the game loads a resource.. it gets decrypted.. and tool could also be devised to search the RAM and capture any MGSTS models.. of course the models would be extracted direct from the decrypted games files so will be 100% 1:1 aka original(Tposed)..

game doesnt look like it has all that much to offer though. and time might be better spent attacking MGS3. anyway good job on the current rips.
sorry english bad....
-> GIVE ME MODELS !! <- Cry
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: METAL GEAR SOLID ABSOLUTE CHARACTER MODEL PACK - by mariokart64n - 03-10-2011, 11:50 PM