Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
16 bit New guy help
Hello! I'm new both to the forum and somewhat to pixel art although I have a good understanding of the basics. Im very interested in the artwork side of game creation and especially pixelart inspired games. Not to mention that after a few solid months of creating some things I am amazed at the detail that can fit in such small packages.

Okay so a simple question, I am under the impression that 16 bit means tiles and sprites comprised in a 16x16 bit square. However I look at examples of sprite sheets and the sprites are obviously larger. I made some sprites in a 16x16 square today and when I was finished I zoomed out and was rather unimpressed. When you play 16 bit games they are obviously stretched out to fit the screen so everything appears much larger. Does this mean a 16x16 bit game at it 100% resolution is very small?

I've kinda confuzed myself typing all this. I would love to include pictures to help but im on a public computer as I am traveling through a foreign country with no direct internet access and alot of free time. and responses would be greatly appreciated!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
16 bit New guy help - by travisofarabia - 02-27-2011, 08:36 AM
RE: 16 bit New guy help - by Previous - 02-27-2011, 09:01 AM
RE: 16 bit New guy help - by travisofarabia - 02-28-2011, 09:04 AM
RE: 16 bit New guy help - by Cobalt Blue - 02-28-2011, 06:23 PM