Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help
(02-24-2011, 12:20 AM)PortalGuru Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 06:11 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Don't get your hopes up on this. Most actual programmers despise the thought of working on fan games.

Most, but not all.

I know. Its just so few want to work on them since they need to get their name out there on real projects (Ones that can be sold.) I'll check that link out Thanks.

(02-23-2011, 11:47 PM)Sengir Wrote: Just to give you an idea of how much time/effort is put into a game, look at Kaikimi's Project Frostfire. Kaikimi is one of the best programmers here and his project's taken multiple years. And he's using sprites, which are a lot easier/less time-consuming to program than 3D. You're looking at maybe 4-5 years minimum if you're indie team is constantly active and really productive. A lot of people I've seen use Minecraft as an example of "good game made quick", but they forget that Markus had access to nearly identical code in XNA and the fact that Minecraft's gameplay is very open.

I'm not trying to bring you down, just trying to let you know that making a game takes not only a lot of planning, but a lot of constant work Smile

Oh I know your not. Your being realistic. I know this won't be done next year or even after but I'm willing to put the time in on the parts I can do. I understand about Minecraft. I mean even big developers don't get the games out in a year. Games take time.

(02-24-2011, 12:07 AM)Flannel bastard Wrote: I'd just like to say I really dig that Eggman design.

Glad you do. Ian is truly a great artist.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help - by Plokman - 02-24-2011, 12:54 AM