Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Colors BlasterBall [PLAYABLE] [FANGAME]
Fuchikoma: It was my computer that was refusing to allow the site to upload. I'm not sure why. And it's more of an IT problem not for a Programmer. And yes I am a programmer. I have an associates and everything.

Zapchu25: The game is a brick breaker game. I just use the Wisps for powerUps. Just wondering did you use the PowerUps? Any ways, I plan on adding some Boss battles but I'm still haveing a few problems with the basics.

An Update, I finished the Mechanics of the Wii Wisps added. I had to change Frenzy because I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. So Frenzy just either moves in a side ways figure 8, a circle, or a star shape for a limit time.
But I can't add them to the game until I get a Sprite for them that looks like the DS versions.

The other problem is the music. I have the songs but For some reason it either refuses to play them or it stalls before it finally plays them. But not for all the songs. The second one is that during the levels it won't loop the song. Now that I think on it I need to check to see if it will loop on the level I added the background music object.

I have the basic menu Layout down, I just need pics of the maps from the DS Game. I have all but the main map, Aquarium Park, and Asteroid Coaster.

There are a few things I want to add to spice it up but right now I'm working on the basics.

There are two bigs problems in the basic game play. For those that have played the demo you probally have seen them.

One is sometimes when Sonic turns into the PowerUps he will get stuck in the wall, This mainly happens with the Void PowerUp. It will do it if Sonic is to close to a wall. The other is if Sonic is coming at the bat at a angle and you try to hit it with the side of the bat. If you have the movement key pressed then Sonic will get stuck depending on when you release Sonic will either bounce off like he suppose to or he'll continue to his death. I believe this is because when the Sonic Ball collides with the Bat, he's suppose to bounce off of it or reverse his directions based on the angle. No when you hold the bat in the movement of that angle the bat will constantly hiting the Sonic ball before it has a chance to leave the area. That's why it depends because it contiunes to flip the angle so it'll either make the Sonic continue on it's path or bounce off. The only problem is that I don't know how to fix it.

another minor problem is sometimes the angle that Sonic bounces off causes him to start moving completely horizontal. The problem is sometimes there isn't anything to make him quite is movements except the walls which cause him to just keep on going horizontal. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

Also do you guys think the game moves too slow?
I'm a programmer not a spriter.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic Colors BlasterBall [PLAYABLE] [FANGAME] - by JC Kane - 02-27-2011, 02:15 PM