Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lia
Quote:It doesn't motivate me to improve my work and doesn't make me respect you more.
Are you looking for excuses to avoid improvement?
If you want to improve, you want to improve. Someone being sardonic on the internet should have little or no affect on that. My advice doesn't stop being educated just because I'm curt.

I don't see as you've changed much at all on the torso - if indeed, you've changed anything at all. She still doesn't appear to have a ribcage.

As for not knowing what to do with her arms -- and I've said this to so many people, I think it might be becoming a risk factor for tendonitis -- is that you need to plan out the pose before you start doing any detailing. The comparison I always use is this: you don't start wallpapering your house before you've even finished building a foundation. You should absolutely understand the importance of planning and sketching before you get caught up with details - for one, if you notice an error when you've only done a loose plan, it's far easier to fix than if you were to spend an hour detailing and only then realise that there's something the matter with your structuring.

Basically, all of the most glaring flaws in this would be solved by planning and trying to understand the underlying structure you're working with. You don't have to understand and memorise absolutely every single bone and muscle in the body, but at least sketch a loose skeleton and establish the head and ribcage as 3d, so you have something to build upon.

This is a simple but reasonably comprehensive set of lessons on how to establish a human figure in 3d: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2080605/Figure-Drawing-Basics
Work your way through these -- I'd personally suggest doing it with a good old-fashioned paper and pencil, because it's a lot easier to get a sense of flow with a tactile medium like conventional drawing than it is with pixelling, and then apply what you've learned about visualising the figure as a 3D form to your sprites.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
Lia - by WiWa - 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM
RE: Lia - by DioShiba - 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
RE: Lia - by Chutzpar - 02-23-2011, 11:40 AM
RE: Lia - by WiWa - 02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
RE: Lia - by Damian. - 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
RE: Lia - by Hoeloe - 02-24-2011, 05:27 PM
RE: Lia - by Damian. - 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
RE: Lia - by Chutzpar - 02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
RE: Lia - by Maxpphire - 02-25-2011, 06:02 PM