Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
game maker program that uses models?
(01-08-2011, 02:25 AM)Jarvis The Catsaber Wrote: Hello everyone iam just asking where can i find a game maker program that uses models? for example Rpg maker but uses models.

Two.

Gamemaker can use 3D models, but is limited because it is very, VERY easy to use.

The second one is Blender which is free, but does have a somewhat steep learning curve.

I have used both and so far, I like Blender more. In fact, I made this using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUWGtMQFvE

I'm working on an animation "Project: Hatcher" where the focus is to make a sequel story called Billy Hatcher: Rise of Corvo. Anyway this video shows what I could make in roughly 11-13 hours.

The model (still incomplete) is fully usable and is UV mapped for better detail. I learned to do this in about a month and you could probably do the same.

Also, for render reasons, the models used in my video are low-poly and low-rezn in other words, you can make Xbox360 type graphics if you want, at the expense of Computer power in blender. Best of all, Blender is free.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: game maker program that uses models? - by ddrmaxman - 01-08-2011, 03:40 AM