Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
List three things that you can't draw at ALL
(12-15-2010, 09:11 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of identifying specific objects or situations that you can't draw. It's better to think in terms of principles.

I'm not picking on you specifically, Lexou, but using your post as an example, these:

You know, I'm not even feeling the slightest hint of picking on anything.
It's just legitimate advice/criticism. You rarely pick on anyone. People just take it that way, Zee. C:

(12-15-2010, 09:11 AM)Tachikoma Wrote:
Quote:1. Top viewed poeople. HOW LONG IS A NOSE AND DO EYES SHOW
2. Bottom viewed people. HOW LONG IS A CHIN
Are essentially the same problem, and would be fixed by practicing the same things; that is, establishing the head as a 3D form and really focusing on how you place the features on it. The same really applies to the whole body; break things down into simple shapes and then worry about detail only once you've got the construction as tight as possible. Once you understand the body as a series of simpler shapes, it takes a lot of the pain out of perspective and foreshortening
It still takes a lot of practice (I STILL SUCK AT THIS A WHOLE LOT), but it gives you a stronger foundation to work on c:

I figured, but, even if i draw the MOST PERSPECTIVELY LOGIC, it's still not attractive enough to me, and I don't know how to make it attractive.

(12-15-2010, 09:11 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: Also, for this:
Quote:5. Pretty, unique and different adult women.
6. Ugly, yet feminine women.
DRAW FROM LIFE DRAW FROM LIFE DRAW FROM LIFE DRAW FROM LIFE.
Go to a coffee shop or a cafe or something and do caricatures and sketches and whatever else based on people around you. It's... morally questionable to draw people without their permission, but basically every artist ever does this. Again, look for basic shapes in people's bodies and faces.
If you don't feel brave enough to draw strangers, then draw friends and relatives and teachers and anyone else you're willing to ask! You'll start noticing all kinds of variations with people eventually, and applying them to your own drawings~

I do make caricatures/portraits, but trying to fit them into (what I call) my style, which is a rather simple one, is pretty hard, because I need to make their main traits REALLY come out, but it's really hard identifying what are a person's main traits by watching their face, at least, for me.
Then again, it's maybe just an experience issue. If you've got any ways/tricks for finding these, I would LOVE to hear them.

(12-15-2010, 09:11 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: Also check out this drawing and the description because Buuya is amazing:
http://buuya.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2z6syz

you know, some women on there really look like men (buuya is awesome I know but still). Take the second one, for example. If you shaved her hair (you should know) and whitened her lips she seriously be a dude. And you know, I noticed, that's because of the eyebrows. Thin eyebrows really change someone's face despite it being a quite unnoticed feature, kinda like eye pupils, which can change expressions pretty damn well.

:V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

BTW, is it me, or does buuya mistake humans for giraffes ?:V
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: List three things that you can't draw at ALL - by Lexou Duck - 12-15-2010, 11:20 AM