Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Flipped Faces? Looks fine if settings are correct but is it worth of submission? BBS
Question 
Hey guys recently I've learned how to rip models from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. The only issue is these aren't exactly the easiest or most perfect rips by any means.

Here's the issue, The models have the entire mesh/geometry but it appears as if every other face is reversed. So they are still there but can only be seen through the opposite side or from inside the model. They look like this:

[Image: AquaBroken.jpg]

But if the right settings are applied it is possible to make the model look more natural. What I've been doing is making the faces "two-sided" or telling the program to "draw backfaces". Essentially meaning that I cause the program to show the reversed face just as if it were facing forward like it should be. Though these edges appear darker and still make the model look bad so I just disable lighting on the model. One such method of that is making the material layer for the texture emmisive so there are no shadows on it.

With the correct settings applied the model looks like this:

[Image: AquaDisplaying_Correctly.jpg]

And now the model appears more natural. I can proceed to bone, animate, pose it etc. But I must admit this is more a work around than a perfect fix. I would love it if anyone can suggest to me anything to fix this problem. Doing this manually is an option but 1000-3000 individual triangles to do it to is quite tedious.

This may also have to do with the normals. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I submit the models as they are? As you can see by my avatar they work just fine but like I said it's a work around and not an actual solution to the real problem.

Share with me your thoughts. Surprise
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Flipped Faces? Looks fine if settings are correct but is it worth of submission? BBS - by Zerox - 08-09-2010, 09:10 PM