Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][PLAYABLE] - Hot-Head
(08-17-2010, 06:08 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: This site is first and foremost a site ABOUT graphics. Sure, the people here have a variety of interests and lots of them are into games development on the programming level, but you can't expect some criticisms on graphics.

Now you COULD get good feedback on the game even if the graphics were simplistic, but the engine would actually have to impress. Saying the graphics aren't good because they are placeholders isn't a very solid argument either, because if that was the case, you shouldn't have even taken time to shade it, especially since it is SOOO pillowshaded, as others have said.

If you want good feedback AND can't make graphics, make a solid game engine, impress a few people, and who knows, maybe someone would be willing to make some sprites.

(Apologies in advance that I can't actually crit the game in detail, I'm not on a computer that I can download it on right now, but based on comments I must not be missing much)

Well, I assumed I would get criticism on graphics, too. I mean, I'll take what you guys said about pillowshading into account if I make any graphics in the future. I'm not saying the graphics are placeholder, either. I shaded the graphics because I wanted more experience in graphics as well as game development. If I were to make a game that impressed people then I would be willing to have people make some graphics for me if they were interested. This demo is hopefully a step towards being able to make an impressive game. I showed this off with the hopes of getting constructive criticism for what I did right and what I did wrong. I've gotten mixed opinions of my demo (not from here). Some people like it, some people don't. Everyone here seems to dislike it, I guess. Oh, well, though. I still had fun making it and I got myself some more experience.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[GAME][PLAYABLE] - Hot-Head - by DudeSean - 08-04-2010, 01:09 AM
RE: Hot-Head - by Vipershark - 08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by Nindo - 08-04-2010, 05:57 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by Vipershark - 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by triptych - 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by CeeY - 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by Sengir - 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by DudeSean - 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by TomGuycott - 08-17-2010, 06:08 PM
RE: Hot-Head - by DudeSean - 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM