Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Kart Spriters Needed!
I am working on a project, and it heavily involves custom sprite communities. I am making a Super Mario Kart hack with custom music, graphics (everything. racers, track, title, ect.) and tracks. I am going to need the help of lots of people, so it's not really my personal hack where I give credit. It's going to be a team hack. All of the names of people who helped will be all over the place. On banners or billboards in the track, in the credits (of course) and (maybe) on the title screen. However, it will still be presented by me, but everyone who participates will be able to freely distribute that hack in whatever way they like (I mean the way they present it. It WILL be an IPS patch!). In other words, underneath the title it will say everyone's names and "Presented by Lieutenant Pie" or I am going to ask for the partnership of whoever enjoys making custom SMK sprites (this is you) and that one person who makes it possible to put MML files in SMK and M64 and also hacks other stuff (like making the character select different). I am leaving the track design mostly up to me, but if everyone agrees, the fourth cup will have tracks by the other participants. I will also try to do most of the track graphics, but if I have difficulty I will again get some more partners. I may also rip some from Street Racer, as it is a clone of SMK. I know that there are already a lot of custom characters, but I need a complete spritesheet like this (some still missing). The characters I will use are below, and I will cross them off the list and put the spriter's name next to the character if someone wants to make a spritesheet of that character. Also, two will be unlockable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character select:

1. Yun (Street Fighter III)

2. Yang (Street Fighter III) NOTE: Luigi shares his body sprites with Mario, which means that the only thing you have to do with Yang's sprite is recolor Yun's sprite and make a new head. The head and the palette are the only things different between the two. The rest is shared. Thank you.

3. Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)

4. Dhalsim (Street Fighter II)

5. Guile (Street Fighter II)

6. Combot (Tekken 4)

7. (Hidden) Jin Kazama (Tekken)

8. (Hidden) Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

NOTE (applies to all): The front and rear sprites for every character are mirrored, meaning that they must be symmetrical. If a character's design is asymmetrical, then feel free to make asymmetrical front and rear sprites, so long as you also make symmetrical ones. I'm working on trying to make them asymmetrical by expanding the ROM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: This is a TEAM hack. It's not just a "I'll give you credit" situation. Everyone will be credited on the title screen, on the track and in the credits. And on top of that, everyone gets to be involved in decision making.

I look forward to doing this hack with you guys!

EDIT: Flare made me realize that people might be more inclined to help if I put screenshots of my progress on the hack. Just to show everyone that I actually am going to put the sprites to good use and that they have a reason to help me. I'll start with what Flare requested: Proof that I can hack the sprites into SMK.
Yun Sprite progress link link
Taurine tastes good.
[Image: bf2edb357973bfce677e5fa2eb70b75b.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Super Mario Kart Spriters Needed! - by LieutenantPie - 06-12-2010, 10:36 PM