Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
It's about time this site started to accept 3-D models!
(06-08-2010, 11:05 AM)E-Man Wrote: First of all, are all the models supposed to be untextured and forced to use the blinn material after you import them into Maya from OBJ files? Is there a better way to do that, or am I stuck having to retexture the whole thing?

Second of all, must the Banjo-Kazooie models really be that big? Grunty was large enough, but when I tried to work with Clanker's Cavern, I could barely see the floor and part of the walls. I'm guessing that rescaling could work, but I can't seem to find the pivot without getting lost. By any chance can you create versions of the models that are scaled down to a more manageable size, or must I really do that by myself?

By the way, before I forget, I finally put the finishing touches on the Gummy Ship I was working on! Once I use your advice to convert it into an OBJ, I'll submit it to the site! Check out all the renders (I hope you don't mind a bunch of images on the same post)!
*Lotsa Big Images*
Before I handle the rest, I have to point out that the "black" squares on the sides of the ship are supposed to be orange. However, the default lighting shows them as black, so you have to use different lighting to show them in their original color.

More than likely you'll have to reapply the textures. The materials will probably still be in the scene but you'll have to get them into your material editor to use them. I haven't actually used Maya so I don't know how to do this in it.

For your second question, often when you rip things the scale can come out rather odd due to the different types of scales different games use for things. Just scale them down to a more usable size yourself and they should be fine. Just select all the objects in the scene and scale them all down at once.

Your Gummy Ship looks real good as well. The only thing is like you said the orange cubes. You may want to check the normals on those to make sure they're facing the right way.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's about time this site started to accept 3-D models! - by Shadowth117 - 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM