Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Submission Guidelines! (Updated: 6/25/2013)
While I can see where you're coming from, this is quite the task. Unless the submitter is hand-ripping the sounds (like recording, or cutting up raw data manually), naming the sounds can be really time-consuming, especially if you've got HEAPS.

In my case, usually the sounds are either named already (from PC or mobile games) or are organised within the game itself and can be submitted separately (like the Professor Layton or Henry Hatsworth voices). However, for others, sifting through each and every sound file to categorise it can be more effort than it's worth, especially if the ripping process itself was difficult.

You already know this, but all submissions here are completely voluntary and people are doing this out of their own free will, no payment or anything. The fact that they're ripping sounds at all is great, if they can name them accordingly that should just be a bonus.

Sorry if this all sounds harsh, I'm not meaning to flame or anything. Again, I totally understand what you're saying, but I just think making it a rule is a bit too much to ask. The amount of effort it would take to organise such files would be the same for a submitter as it would for a person downloading them from the site, and chances are that the submitter won't even use them.

(This also just my opinion, btw.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Submission Guidelines! (Updated: 6/25/2013) - by puggsoy - 07-30-2013, 08:10 PM