Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working
Quote:I looked over GrooveMan.exe's thread about the Sprite Project forum, and it seemed here was an appropriate place to show SSBI. Even reading it multiple times, some of it confused me. I hope this is where this kind of topic belongs (really, I was confused between here and Sprite Discussion). In the image posting format, I must also ask if it's forum legal or encouraged to post in animated gifs, entire sprite sheets, or a working demo containing the sprites/animations/physics I've created up to this point. If anyone can clarify, it would be much appreciated! ^^

(I'll maybe delete this box of text, once I'm more familiar with forum expectations)
Big introductory wall of text.

Greetings everyone. This topic is dedicated toward SSBI influenced custom Sprites, Animations, and Art developed by me. I originally only did paper/pencil drawing, but once I have improved my talent, I wanted to go design computer art, which I use MSPaint to develop all my past and present work. I seem to have adapted a strong skill for spriting, so I have pushed myself to master my style. I draw everything using MS Paint w/ mouse, check animations with Game Maker, and (if applicable) send to Lunapic to properly turn into a gif file. All animations were produced from scratch, and I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't take or use them in any way or form.

A note before I begin, some animations are outdated and are unintentionally slowed to 10 fps from their real fps (40-60) automatically through my animation program (Lunapic), please don't point out that they appear animating too slow.

----

The style I have used since I began spriting back in 07' varied, until I finally found a style that was unique. I have used this style ever since, and it has influenced all my work to date. Each character uses a black outline surrounding the outer most layer of the character, and I use minimal shading when coloring them in (up to 3 colors per surface). The objective of this spriting project is to mimic the feel of the real game without tracing it's design. No blurs will be used, many frames are incorporated into each animation, and every command for each character will be made when it is finished (including some I "made up". ^^). Well, on to the actual sprites!

Kirby
All animations are also designed for when the character is facing either left or right! Sometimes when I see other regular fighting games (Street Fighter for example) they simply mirror/flip the sprite so the character is usually always facing us. Kirby and each of my other SSBI characters will have different Left/Right poses for each move.

[Image: Kirby_stance_gif.gif]

[Image: Kirby_stance2_gif.gif]

[Image: Kirby_walk_gif.gif]

[Image: Punch1.gif]

[Image: kirby_kick.gif]

[Image: Backflip.gif]

I obviously can't post every sprite/animation of Kirby I've produced by now (60+ animations and 800+ subimages to date)... well, maybe I could. If you like the style and are curious about any future work. Please refer to the most recent game demo, and or follow the topic as I design more sprites. (They're coming, don't worry.)

The Game
Smash Demo v0.8
*Password is my forum name, look for "save file to you PC: click here".
*Contains everything from previous versions, and includes Side tilts and smashes.

These animations, plus a multitude of other animations not listed on this post are viewable in a active gameplay demo. It was produced in GM7, using the GML feature. Although my coding skills are adequate for the demo purposes, I'll need an experienced coder to design a more effective system when SSBI lifts off. The demo should give the player a general feel of the system I'm planning to have. The whole smash out of the arena using abilities thing obviously still exists, with my own little twist on the overall engine. For controls and notes, the game begins by showing them to you.

I have many plans for SSBI that I have not exposed in any of my posts yet, you'll have to wait and see. ^^

This style, known to me as Bealupia style, is quite versatile and effective, I trade marginal detail for simplicity and shape, and I've used it for a very long time. In time, I may be able to produce more complex characters and animation using this style, as I always put in maximum effort in everything I do.
[Image: CharacterHeights2.png]

Other works SSBI related: (Quite older)
Robotnik and Astrobotnik - Off style
Kirby on a spinning Trophy - Is a sprite
More that I haven't uploaded by now...

I am working very busily on animations. (Current: Kirby's Left Flip Kick)

I hope you liked what you saw, and I'll be able to continue making them until both of these large projects are all completed! Thanks for viewing! ^^
[Image: butterfree.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 05:21 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Tea - 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 06:34 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Baegal - 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by CeeY - 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM