Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Definitive Poem Thread of Kriven
Yay I get to be the pretentious art asshole again. Cute

I personally agree with only one person in this topic so far; You.
"I think they're rubbish."

G-man is awful nice, but I would never compare this to Poe.
It's the same god-awful whiny ass 'dark' poetry I read everywhere else. I mean, I swear I've read all of these poems before.
Not just because they are everywhere, but because I went through a stage where I wrote pretty much everything here too.
I think that you could have lots of talent to actually put somewhere useful, but this is just not working.

All of it is self depressing, you are putting off this 'dark' and 'loathing' vibe, which is everywhere! I can't stress that enough. It's the reason little fan girls go running off to Twilight books and movies. It's the reason they love Edward. Quite frankly, it's sickening. If you want to put across real pain, real sorrow, you need to comprehend the opposite with just as much skill. Write poetry about life, about everything. If you can feel out all the emotions of the human range, then you can more fully express hate, sorrow, loneliness, anger etc.

Try to stay away from snow, masks and mirrors. Cliche.

I hope this is helpful, and not just sounding like a jack ass reply. I really do mean well.

Nothing more or less useless than imagining that there is more to be done. Recall: no matter what is new there will always be these hands and these sandwiches. The enlightenment came and went and sliced bread was our creation— the best to be had. There can be no avenues of intellectual discord. We will always fold our food and put it into our mouths, long after our bodies forget what to do with it.
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
The Definitive Poem Thread of Kriven - by Kriven - 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
RE: The Definitive Poem Thread of Kriven - by Oddball - 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM