Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Smash RPG sprites - UPDATED:12/8 *Kirby Done?*
Good plan.
Nice job, it is a great improvement. The first thing I notice is the hat change. This is a positive change on all counts, ESPECIALLY the side poses.
First change I'd make now would be to put some of that highlight color from the hat bill onto the most exposed areas of the hat. Don't use too much, as it will cheapen the bill's color, but right now the rest looks too dark by comparison.
Second is the lump on the back facing ones. The lump, while sensible by comparison with other sprites now, is still odd looking. Now, this is not so much your fault as it is this lump being really hard to sprite(I've always had problems doing such lumps). It's easier for me to show you than to explain what I think would work.
[Image: evilwaluigi_mariobackhat.png]
Essentially, use highlight to define the lump, not shadow. I don't know how to better explain it.
If any other onlookers here can explain that better, could you?
Well, there's still something about the skin. I think it would be good to put some more shadow, or at least AA, on the chin on all the views, and some by the ears on the side views.
On the front views, maybe a touch of selective AAing on the bulk of the hat(not the bill).
I still maintain that the front standing view could use a 1 pixel leg extension. Just to try, it might not work out as well as I thought.
That's all I can think of right now. Good luck, and great improvement.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smash RPG sprites - UPDATED: 2-4-2010 - by Ego - 02-04-2010, 11:27 PM