Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles
Gregg Mayles Wrote:I think the generation of players that have played Banjo before are probably going to be shocked to start with. They're probably going to look at it and say, 'Hang on a sec, this isn't the Banjo I was expecting. What have you done? You've ruined it!'

But then hopefully, in a very short space of time, they'll be able to see what we've done and like it. You're never going to be able to change people's opinions of the old games and how they felt at the time. Obviously you're going to get a certain amount of rose-tinted glasses looking back on the old game being this wonderful masterpiece and nothing was ever wrong with it.
Yea, no.
Gregg Wrote:Oh no, certainly not. Our fan base will only shrink in time, it doesn't increase. Obviously we have to appeal to new fans. It's difficult. You look back for tradition's sake and put stuff in there that'll appeal to old fans, but I think it's more important to have an eye on the future. We could quite easily have churned out a very shiny, high-polygon traditional Banjo game, but that wouldn't have attracted too many new fans to be honest. I think a lot of the current Xbox players, or people that are considering buying an Xbox, would love to then say, "Oh, it's just more of the same. Galaxy is better, blah blah blah".
Those were the "gold nuggets of this article I pointed out.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...?id=188055

This article was posted back in May, but now that we've played Nuts and Bolts, we know what he's talking about. I find it extremely unprofessional he basically took a steaming shit on a majority of his own fan base from the two original games as well.

Basically, vehicles are the future of Banjo, and he's very keen on sticking with it. I have no hope in this franchise or Rare at the moment right now. This is extremely depressing to finally catch what he said months ago. Didn't even realize it until I actually played the game.

Son of a bitch.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by Wes - 02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
RE: Banjo's future is doomed to vehicles - by OSM - 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM