Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast
What a colossal pain in the neck. If I had known how hard this was going to be, I wouldn't have started. What is the famous programmers’ credo, "We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they were going to be easy."
I had intended to rip many models from Dreamcast games, but if each one is going to be this hard, I don't think I will continue. It's true that other games might be a lot easier, so maybe I will look into it. At this point, I think I have finished my first model. I am not sure if I will be able to post it because I am not sure it meets all the requirements in the Wiki (https://wiki.vg-resource.com/What_Makes_...ormats,DAE).

I have submitted the model for posting. I do not know how long that approval process takes, from what I have read, it can take a couple of months, especially because I am new. They said in a post that new submitters often take longer to approve.  If the model comes out, and anyone wants to try to improve on it, I'm sure you can do a better job than I did. This is my first ever model and first time using Blender.
I am so very tired of this project. I wish there was an easier way to rip these models.
If for some reason my submissions is rejected, and I can't post the G Kaiser here, I will see if I can post a link to it later in this thread. I don't know that it is allowed for me to post what I have and circumvent their approval process, and use their forum to provide the link. That kind of thing might not be allowed.
For now I just need to be patient with the approval process. I am under the delusion that G. Kaiser and other Tech Romancer models are desired. Maybe that is just because I have been looking for them for a long time, but other than the OP, I am not sure anyone cares. It's too bad Tech Romancer never got a re-release. I think a lot of people would love it if they were aware of it's existence. It is a game for the fans of giant robots such as Macross and Gundam, etc.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast - by ednabisco - 02-09-2024, 11:37 PM