Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast
I realize that I have been making entries like a blog, and that wasn't my intent. If that is against the rules, I apologize. I had intended to share the little bits I was learning in case someone was following along and had ideas. I realize that if someone is reading this in the future, they are probably screaming at the screen about all the mistakes I am making, but hey, that's how we learn, right?
So, I may continue to share things I have learned, but if I am successful in my goal, I will post some sort of tutorial at the end of all the steps I took. So, you might want to skip to the end. I will try to be brief with my updates.

I learned two things. First, I was using the wrong version of NullDC. I didn't realize there were two versions. I had installed the Naomi version, and the bios files I was using were not recognized. Once I got NullDC to work, I was able to use Ninja Ripper with it.
Second is the good news, NullDc pulls out the texture files WAY better than the results I got with Demul.
The bad news is that the models seem to be unusable. They are flat, but trying to scale up the Z axis does nothing. When I try to scale it up in edit mode, it does something strange. Like if I move all the nodes, it stretches it out and messes it up. It's hard to explain, but it just isn't right. I may be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

I am hopeful that a combination of Demul and NullDC will allow me to get models and textures respectfully. If I learn how to get them from one emulator, I will explain my mistakes here.

At this point, I need to learn about how to apply texture files to a model. It hasn't worked out to be anything like the NR tutorials I have watched. Even though my model is incomplete, I would love to see it with textures. Then maybe I can copy/paste the missing parts to complete the model.
I am also surprised at how low rez the texture are. I mean they look right, and it is how the character looks. It's just not good for close-ups.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast - by ednabisco - 01-25-2024, 12:28 PM