Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast
This is a link to a folder with 3 pictures. One is the image that is captured in color, one is the polygons, and the third is the polygons, but the camera is lowered and you can see the image is flat. I have no idea if this is normal for Ninja Ripper or how to get the full 3D model, but at least it is something.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Edit: Quick update, on the Ninja Ripper Discord, there are several users having the same issue of flat models. One response says, "usually emulators render 3d scene like this. you can't do much and nR just rip them as they render. so the only thing you can do is try find a tool to extract models"

So there haven't been any solutions. The only suggestions seem to either get scans from each side of the character and stich them back together, which seems difficult, or try to extract the game models directly. So it looks like I will be looking into the files again and see if I can open them. Ninja Ripper seem incapable of getting the entire model from Tech Romancer.

Edit: I haven't found any files that could be small polygons yet, I was wrong about the .bin files, they are like 20k each, not 1k.
I think I'm just not using Ninja Ripper right. I just realized they have a YouTube channel that has a lot of suggestions that I haven't tried yet. I am going to work with it a but more when I have the time and let you know what happens. I mean Ninja Ripper does work with other emulators, so I will follow the processes for other consoles.
Thanked by: Dreamstation2000

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast - by ednabisco - 01-18-2024, 08:40 PM