Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast
(01-17-2024, 12:41 PM)ednabisco Wrote: Thanks for the reply and links. From what I have found, many of the Dreamcast games were built for the Naomi hardware, and many of games used their own modeling software and file formats, so I am not able to extract the models directly from the game files. I will post any successes I might have. I might have to find another avenue to just create custom models because I shouldn't use Capcom assets anyway.
Oh, I did use the software, I think it was GD-ROM Explorer, I will have to confirm later tonight that was the tool I used. Anyway, it was able to get a lot of the files out, but most of it was useless. I didn't get any models or textures. I got a lot of little files, like .bin files and others that I wasn't able to do anything with. Anyway, I won't me able to confirm that was the software I used until later tonight, but I will look.

Shocked seriously? All of them basically had their own custom setups? Damn, that sucks. I guess its no wonder these old games have so few models out there. There's got to be some kind of way to get at the models though, I mean, I've got no clue where to start, but there has to be some way. I'll keep talking with my modeler, if he finds anything else out, I'll be sure to let you know here as well. Thank you for the continued communication, I appreciate the help.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast - by Dreamstation2000 - 01-18-2024, 11:35 AM