Users browsing this thread: peg, 1 Guest(s)
[PS2] Need help figuring out what to do next!
Hmm. I've done more snooping around in the game's files - NORMAL.BIN contains a repeated ASCII phrase CFILORUX. Usually this phrase is then followed by something along the lines of [^adg.lorux] or [^adgjlorux] or some variation of [^*lorux].

Anyways, point is I found it a bit odd. I did some digging and it turns out there's a very nice PDF on coding and decoding that mentions CFILORUX and EJOTY - a phrase I didn't find in NORMAL.BIN, but it WAS inside our file of interest, SCENEDAT.BIN, a grand total of twice.

From what I understand, CFILORUX and EJOTY are a method one can use to easily remember the numerical location of letters in the alphabet. It can also be used for specific codes, an example given being that "PICTURE" would become "QHDSVQF" by alternating between +1 and -1 (P +1 = Q, I -1 = H, etc.)

Now, I'm not sure if this helps in any manner of speaking for the decryption, but maybe someone could attempt to figure out a way to use them? 
I mean, the repetition of the phrases has to mean something, right?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PS2] Need help figuring out what to do next! - by Samevi - 12-11-2023, 09:09 PM