Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping 2D-Adventure Game - 150$ Reward
(06-14-2023, 10:23 AM)Hansel Wrote: Thank you very much for the files! I will try to extract later again with the new information you gave me. I try to extract the files from the spanish and italian version (1.0) as well someday (because of localized menues).

Yeah, that's why I normally release the source code. You can try to do something like this. I'm not going to upload the files for every versions.

In fact, it is reverse engineer from TinyToon code. You can try it with other .TGR too. You can use a hex editor to see how a correct .TGR should look like.

(06-14-2023, 10:23 AM)Hansel Wrote: Btw: Do you have an idea what these empty .png files ares? I attached an example. They sometimes are after or before an animation - sometimes in between.

No idea. And the .IMG is also smaller than normal, so it is not decoding error.

I know the developer will sometime pack in unused files to rush for a deadline. That's why TCRF (The Cutting Room Floor) exists.

Maybe you can ask the developer what are they for.

(06-14-2023, 10:23 AM)Hansel Wrote: And I have another question. Do you have any how the "hitboxes" for the adventure are stored? For example if I click on a table a ghost appears. Where and how is the area of the table I can trigger the appearance of the ghost stored (the pixels belonging to the table hitbox)?

I don't know. But I know there are other file types in 2.0
- .0 = Nothing, it is a directory
- .1 = Palette, it is renamed as .PAL
- .2 = Image, it is renamed as .IMG
- .3 = Sound, it is renamed as .SND
- .4 = Path
- .5 = HotSpot
- .6 = CollisionSpot
- .7 = Data
- .8 = Text
(NOTE : these debug text are in GAME/HAG.EXE, at 0x83570)

So far, I only researched .0 to .3, other file types are still unknown.

Again, maybe you can ask the developer instead?

Good luck!
- Rufas
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping 2D-Adventure Game - 150$ Reward - by rufaswan - 06-15-2023, 08:25 AM