[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Alice Madness Returns Card Guards
Hello people,
I've been trying to rip the models of the card guards ennemies from the PC game "Alice Madness Returns", based on UE3, and I'm having a couple issue. I was hoping someone could give me a hint or now how i could solve one or some of my problems? So, the final model should look like this :[Image: 310-3103220_card-guards-cauldron-born-al...-guard.png]  
(Sorry for the mid quality, best i found) As you can see, they have a black/red hood, black/red gloves and boots, fabric texture, and a number + symbol in two places of their "chest".
However, with my limited ripping skills, I only manage to obtain grey-ish clothes, no fabric texture, and black number on white background.

Very disappointing. I believe that the developpers managed to make the game handle both black cards and red cards with the same set of textures (but different models), and just a tiny subtelty to make them have the according color and number.
I suppose that the solution lies in the files in the "material3" and "MaterialInstanceConstant" folders I got in the ripped files, but i have no idea how to use them.
Like, I have a file txt file titled "CardGuardsNumber_Mat.props.txt" that contains the following information :

Expressions[0] = MaterialExpressionStaticSwitchParameter'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionStaticSwitchParameter_1'
    Expressions[2] = MaterialExpressionTextureSample'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionTextureSample_0'
    Expressions[9] = MaterialExpressionScalarParameter'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionScalarParameter_0'
    Expressions[15] = MaterialExpressionVectorParameter'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionVectorParameter_0'
    Expressions[19] = MaterialExpressionScalarParameter'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionScalarParameter_3'
    Expressions[21] = MaterialExpressionTextureSample'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionTextureSample_1'
    Expressions[23] = MaterialExpressionScalarParameter'CH_CardGuards.CardGuardsNumber_Mat.MaterialExpressionScalarParameter_2' 

And I have no idea how to exploit it.
Would someone have an idea about how I could solve this, or could point me in the right direction? I would even be very grateful if someone could tell me what the .mat files are and how I should use them. Links to tutorials are perfectly fine too! I'm working with Blender, btw.
I put said .mat and.txt files in the attached folder, and I made a wetransfer link with all the data related to these models, including the models and textures here https://we.tl/t-hjAF5o4pVV (expires on 2023-02-05).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance y'all!

Attached Files
.zip   Card Guards - Mat and txt files.zip (Size: 10.22 KB / Downloads: 38)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Alice Madness Returns Card Guards - by Kino-san - 01-28-2023, 07:23 PM