[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame
Right now I'm working on a simple character selection screen. At the moment I have nothing to show as I have just a totally empty window. But I guess I can share some of my plans.
I am working on palette system right now, this is why it is taking a rather long time for me to render anything to the screen. I am also embedding the assets directly into the executable as if it was just a simple SNES ROM. So rather than loading the assets from PNGs for instance, I am looking directly at the original sprites, copying their palette color values, and copying their palette indexes into the executable in a hex format.

Regarding the character selection screen, I have a very old idea on how I want it to look like. I really love the SB4 character selection screen, and I am doing something that primarily resembles it.
.[Image: battle-battle4.gif]
And the SB5 selection screen is also being taken as inspiration.
[Image: SBM5_BattleMode-SubordinateBomber.png]
And a final thing I am using as inspiration for the character selection screen is the character customization screen that is also from SB5:
[Image: SuperBomb5SubBomberCustom.png]
This one is a little harder to explain, but as my character selection screen gets more complete you guys will see why.

See ya! I am hoping that later this day I can have a simple sprite rendering to the screen already.
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame - by Alefy San - 01-26-2023, 07:30 AM