Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Octopath Mobile Game Inconsistent Pixels
Hey all, 
I've been having an issue with ripping the mobile game Octopath Traveler Champions of the Continent. The game's in UE 4.23 and I'm able to open/export the ueasset files from the obb. My issue is that all of the NPC sprite sheets have random discolored pixels while the PCs are all pixel perfect. It's like a weird compression happened at some point. I've noticed that the inconsistency is slightly noticeable in the game itself, so I don't think it's something I've done in the extraction. Maybe something got cooked somewhere in the game compression? I wanted to pose the question to the mighty vg resource community to see if there's a way to uncook things or if there's a specific method of extracting stuff in unreal that I'm missing. My basic process is to convert the OBB to a zip, load the .pak file in UEViewer, enter the version # & AES key, then navigate to the folder holding the texture assets and extract them. I'm attaching examples of a "cooked" file vs one that's pixel perfect. Same extraction method, just different results. Any advice or is there nothing that can be done? 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Octopath Mobile Game Inconsistent Pixels - by MtfujiInMyPants - 11-15-2022, 02:36 PM