Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery
Shockway Rider
Shockway Rider
Shockway Rider
Enemies
Enemies

Imagine Fatal Fury but remove the fighting and replace it with throwing stuff, put on a conveyor belt and that's the game. One of the sprites is glitched, that's how it appears in the graphics viewer...

Formula 1 Simulator (Commodore 64?)
Car
Car

It's been a long time since I last ripped a Commodore 64 game and used a new emulator! Well kinda new... The Spectrum emulator that I use that was bundled with the CPC emulator (not the one that I use for ripping outside of that anti-piracy screen) now includes a C64 emulator called CSFEC. Like those two, it has a debug mode where you can view the graphics from the game and also has an active sprite viewer because the C64 supports sprites! All sprites have to be recolored but the plus is that you don't need to use a 20+ year old tool that require savestates from old emulators (still useful for C16 games though). Judging by the palette of this game thankfully not ruined by the black background that would have happened if it did have the right palette... The other downside is that it only supports the PAL C64 so no Simpsons, Castlevania, Metal Gear, the better version of After Burner etc however the PAL library is larger.

WEC Le Mans (C64)
Car
Car
Rival Car
Rival Car

The CPC version is taking too long to rip and this was much quicker, it took a couple of hours in total (half of the player car in 30 minutes, about 30 minutes for the rival car and the rest in the crash sprites that's on the end of the tape). In all honesty, think that I booted up the game just to listen to the title music.

I won't be ripping much on the C64. Not because of any dislike (those older retro "gamers" that are pro-Spectrum/anti-C64 and vice versa are very disrespectful to the medium and act more immature than the kids around here) but because it would take about 5 years just to get the section to par.

Saying that do have a mini rip list though, Commando... Turbo Out Run... If it has Rob Hubbard's or Jeroen Tel's music, even better. Will look into a few more racing games as well even if some aren't as good (including this game) but some are better (Out Run on the C64 was the only decent home computer version because it wasn't a mess). Might even rip a couple more Ocean games.

As for the CPC progress, gone really slow due to problems both physically and in terms of the rips:

Thanked by: Ton, Barack Obama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery - by Yawackhary - 09-10-2022, 03:30 PM