[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
TGAA/DGS handles models pretty much the exact same way as the mainline Ace Attorney games. As seen in this image, Ryunosuke (from the 3DS version of DGS) has multiple face and hand meshes (I couldn't really be bothered to separate them from their positions hahaha)

(01-17-2022, 07:22 AM)Reverend Speed Wrote: Thank you! Honestly, any info you have would be helpful!

When I was looking at the models ripped from Duel Destinies, I noticed that they've a bunch of alternate parts for upper and lower faces and hands.
[Image: unknown.png]
I was wondering: are the models you've investigated from Ace Attorney Chronicles are broken up in the same way?

Trying to guess why the model is setup this way, my friend and I ended up with two theories:

1) This is how Ace Attorney 2D games were built (parts swapped in on sprites based on the script markup), therefore it was a natural technical progression to do the same in 3D. Seems a little odd to me, as these games were built on MT Framework Mobile, but it's possible the deformation features hadn't been implemented at that point?

2) Limitations on 3DS (tri/polygon count, lack of blendshapes or limitations on model bones) made it more efficient to swap in different models rather than have a model with the tri/polygon density needed to support all the deformations required - easier to have bespoke models with smaller polycounts.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

--Rev
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - by Nooga - 01-10-2022, 05:35 PM
RE: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - by Nooga - 01-16-2022, 01:44 AM
RE: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - by HeroArts - 09-03-2022, 03:50 AM