Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
PS2 Shin Seiki Yuusha Taisen ripping help?
(08-09-2022, 02:28 PM)MrBread Wrote: I've tried using the screenshot method with the PCSX2 emulator. The meshes I extract from the scene will appear in any model viewer or editing software except for Blender. For whatever reason, Blender will act the meshes are imported even though they aren't visible at all. I've tried scaling the mesh among other methods and nothing has worked so far. The meshes are in the .OBJ format, which Blender does recognize and other models that use this file extension do appear when imported. 

You mentioned that you were able to sort of get the meshes you ripped to appear in Blender, right? What version of PCSX2 are you using? I've used version 0.9.8 to take my snapshots and so far Blender is the only program that doesn't display the models when I attempt to import them. Were there any steps you take before importing yours?

A little bit off topic, I would suggest making your own help post so you can recieve more detailed assistance! However I will answer :^)
I am using PCSX2 0.9.8, and Blender 2.79. I made sure PCSX2 was in Direct3D9 (Software) when taking the screenshot with shift+F8. After that, I was simply able to import>wavefront (.obj) into blender and the model appeared. However, most models I load into blender from gamerips tend to be very large and/or very far away from the starting grid. Usually, I see a flat plane at the center, but its possible whatever model you are ripping is entirely far out of bounds.

The only thing I can think to suggest is after importing the .obj, is to press "S", then "0.025". Your object, if anything loaded, should scale down significantly and come into view. I know you said you tried scaling, but perhaps not enough for blender?
I don't recall taking any other steps prior to this, but if your rips appear in other programs I'm not sure what may be the issue with blender for you. Nothing should be hidden when freshly imported, but alt+H will unhide hidden things, and z can turn off and on between solid and wireframe.
Last thing I would suggest is a clean reinstallation of blender. Good luck!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS2 Shin Seiki Yuusha Taisen ripping help? - by ToxicCaves - 08-09-2022, 04:51 PM