Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to decompress and extract sprites from a GBC ROM???
Downloaded ROM and the tool mgs_gbc, but when I click on the .exe, nothing happens. Also dragging the ROM into the .exe seems to be useless.

Quote:This utility can compress/decompress image data from Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color.

Usage to decompress from input file from offset to output file:
mgs_gbc.exe d [input_file] [output_file] [offset]
Example of usage: mgs_gbc.exe d “Metal Gear Solid (U) [C][!].gbc” “output.bin” 0×178cf4

Usage to compress:
1) input file to output mgs_gbc.exe c [input_file] [output_file] Example of usage: mgs_gbc.exe c “uncompressed.bin” “compressed.bin”
2) input file and insert it in romfile to offset mgs_gbc.exe c [input_filename] [rom_filename] [offset] Example of usage: mgs_gbc.exe c “uncompressed.bin” “Metal Gear Solid (U) [C][!].gbc” 0×178cf4
Since we want to decompress the ROM, I crossed out the useless part of the instructions and highlighted the important part which you have to type into the command window of the tool (if you're able to open it, I can't).
The name of the ROM in this example must be Metal Gear Solid (U) [C][!].gbc but if your ROM has a different name, you use that one.

Overall this tool reminds me of [Windows] + [R] und typing cmd into the box, which opens a windows tool with similar command structures.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to decompress and extract sprites from a GBC ROM??? - by Barack Obama - 08-04-2022, 07:09 AM