Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ilovescratchcie's Custom sprite gallery!
(04-08-2022, 11:14 PM)ilovescratchcie Wrote: By the way the sonic sprites are based on Sonic 3

I figured it was Sonic 3, but I'm not really an old school Sonic expert.

(04-09-2022, 02:02 AM)ilovescratchcie Wrote: Done! 

With all due respect, this sprite sheet is not done. I won't repeat what I have already said, but look over your sheet again. You should probably also make a .gif of your animations and check them in motion, its easier to see any oddities when the animation is going. I will elaborate on the third point of my previous post as it is the most important and I think I failed to make that clear.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as, like I mentioned, I'm not really an old school Sonic expert, but if you did take a preexisting sprite sheet, or even just parts of a preexisting sheet, copy and paste from it and then modify those copies slightly, the odds of your sheet getting into the customs section is essentially zero. Taking another person's work, changing it a little bit, and then passing if off as your own doesn't make it your work. It is a form of theft. You wouldn't take a book, change all the proper nouns and say that your wrote it, right? To get your sheet into the customs section you need to make the sprites.

I mentioned some strategies on how to start spriting in my earlier post and there are plenty of tutorials in the forums to look over as well. On top of that, you can always try reaching out to spriters and pixel artists whose work you enjoy for pointers. They may not always respond mind you, and we should always be courteous to those we ask for help, even if they don't end up helping us, but it never hurts to try and reach out.

Messages In This Thread
Why was this sheet rejected? - by ilovescratchcie - 04-08-2022, 06:25 PM
RE: Why was this sheet rejected? - by Spriter Theo - 04-09-2022, 04:59 PM
RE: Why was this sheet rejected? - by Dolphman - 04-19-2022, 09:43 PM