Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help ripping Xenoblade 1 (Wii) Maps
(02-20-2021, 01:48 PM)Sir Teatei Moonlight Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 12:37 AM)Untitled-1 Wrote: Ah, that makes sense. How do I rip them correctly, then?

so what I do is edit the .brres to make temp files with the UVs in a different order, so I can export multiple times and thus get a different UV map each time

you may have to use an older BrawlBox to do this editing, because newer ones are too smart and won't necessarily let you do this correctly
but older BrawlBoxes might not be able to read the format correctly so uhhhhhhh I haven't looked at maps yet (just characters and objects) so I dunno what the right way to go about it is

alternatively you can use a hex editor on each individual polygon in the .brres file to reorder the UV maps
depending on how the maps are broken into "polygons" (again, I haven't looked) this may be infeasible for a human, but a script would do fine

another possible solution is to flat-out delete the UV maps you already have an export for, rather than reordering them
(though given that I don't do this, there might be another gotcha to it that I don't remember)

Is there a specific BrawlBox version you reccomend? And is there a way I can obtain it?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help ripping Xenoblade 1 (Wii) Maps - by Untitled-1 - 02-20-2021, 08:14 PM